Not only is our area beautiful and great for just relaxing, there is also loads to do! Whatever your interests you are going to find something to enjoy.
Holsworthy’s rural position in the heart of Ruby Country makes it ideal for many country pastimes, activities and attractions all close by.
- Archery. Arms of Old and Dragon Archery are just down the road. Whether you have never shot a bow or are an expert you will have a great time.
- Beaches. 15 minutes drive from the farm we have some amazing beaches in and around Bude. The town beaches are beautiful with the convenience of Bude. To the North and South of Bude there are some spectacular unspoilt rural beaches surrounded by high rugged cliffs. Surf, swim, play or relax our local beaches are the best!
- Canoeing on the Bude Canal. Available from the Bude Canoe Experience.
- Course Fishing available next door at the Simpson Valley Fishery.
- Gold Panning. Prospect for gold in a stunning Devon stream. Holsworthy Gold Panning.
- Trout and Salmon Fishing on the River Torridge. Contact the Half Moon Pub in Sheepwash.
- Football. If you like the game why not go and watch a match at Holsworthy FC?
- Golf. Holsworthy has a lovely Golf Club with a full 18 hole course. The Club is open to non-members with a lovely bar and restaurant. The Sunday Carvery is amazing.
- Holsworthy Information Centre & Museum. Find out what’s happening at the information centre and discover the history of Holsworthy in the Museum.
- Horse Riding. Check out Lauras Lessons.
- Shooting. Clay pigeon shooting is available at Devon Shooting.
- Theatre. If a performance is on at the Holsworthy Theatre try and go. Always entertaining. Also check out what is going on at the Memorial Hall which hosts Bands, Dances and other events.
- Shopping. Holsworthy has a bustling shopping square with a market every Wednesday. Waitrose supermarket is just a short walk from the square. The Marks and Spencer Food outlet can be found at the Holsworthy BP Garage. Further afield there is a great factory outlet shopping centre, Affinity Devon just outside Bideford.
- Walking and Cycling. The Ruby Way, Cookworthy Forest and Dunsland (National Trust property) are all very close by.
This is just a taste of what’s available in the Holsworthy area. There is so much more! To see our full list of places, activities, attractions and events, including places to eat and drink download the document below. You will be amazed!