DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Holsworthy Holiday Cottages
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Holsworthy Holiday Cottages is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Holsworthy Holiday Cottages complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To ensure we have the necessary information to deliver you a quality stay at HolsworthyHoliday Cottages;
- To ensure we can take payment from you or issue refunds;
- To collect feedback from you.4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about matters relating to your stay at Holsworthy Holiday Cottages.
- The processing of your data is necessary for your legitimate interests. These records are proof of your Holsworthy Holiday Cottages booking: –
o the processing relates only to the holiday purchaser and party; and
o there is no disclosure to any third party other than Eviivo our secure onlinebooking provider and First Data our secure online payments provider.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will delete your personal information from our records within one year of your stay. The only exception to this will be payment / refund records which are required accounting purposes. In practice once we have requested feedback regarding your stay all information such as email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from our records.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Holsworthy Holiday Cottages holds about you;
- The right to request that Holsworthy Holiday Cottages corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.8. Further processingIf we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.9. Contact DetailsTo exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact The Holsworthy Holiday Cottages, c/o Southcombe Farm, Staddon Rd, Holsworthy, Devon EX22 6NH.You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via emailhttps://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.