Quality all day breakfasts and cream teas just round the corner from Holsworthy Holiday Cottages! All ingredients locally sourced too! Trevor and Fran have a lovely place here.
Tuckers is a lovely log cabin style cafe on the gorgeous Ruby Way! Tables inside and out! You can easily drive, cycle or walk there. Definitely worth a visit while you are here. See their FB page for more information.
Ten great things to do down on the farm when you visit us this Summer!
- Animal Feeding – Feed TG the horse, Godfrey the sheep, the chickens, the ducks and not to forget the cats, Henry & Heidi.
- Collect the eggs.
- Walk the farm trail – Find the hide? Can you spot? Deer, Buzzard, Jay, Woodpecker, Snake, Lizard, Slow Worm, to name a few. How many wild flowers can you identify?
- River Walk – Put your wellies on and walk up the river bed! Can you find Holly Falls, Bog Falls, Witches Cauldron and Cairn Beach? How about racing Reed Boats?
- Build a Dam – How much water can your dam hold back and will it last the next rain storm?
- Have Campfire – Toast marsh mellows and sing a few songs!
- Build a fancy Cairn at Cairn Beach.
- Laze in a hammock.
- Visit the play area – Be Tarzan on the tyre swing or find out who is best at penalty shoot outs.
- Go on a night hike – Listen to the owls, watch out for bats and gaze at the stars.
There is so much to do! Down on the Farm in Devon!
If you are lucky enough to be visiting us this May / June you will be in for a treat! It’s wildflower time! Different flowers are appearing all the time. Right now Bluebells are the big hit! Stunning! These are just a few down by the tyre swing!
Happy Easter from us all at Southcombe Farm!
It’s looking like another cracking day and it will start with animal feeding at 0800 for our guests!!
With the recent winter heatwave spring has sprung! From now until the end of June there will be an ever changing display of wild flowers in the meadows and woods (We have everything from Bluebells to Marsh Orchids). Not to forget the animals. Frogs spawn is already in the pond and it won’t be long until we see the deer with their fawns.
Love Spring! Love Devon and Cornwall!
Great to be recognised by Booking.com for our guest reviews last year! Hoping for lots more happy guests in 2019!
Thank you to all our guests for taking the time to review us.