You are browsing archives for
Why not enjoy Christmas in the lovely Devon / Cornwall countryside this year!
What could be more festive? Staying in the cosy Homestead with the log burner roaring and tasteful decorations all around.
Crisp country walks from the doorstep and dramatic coastal walks a few minutes drive away.
Holsworthy always looks great with its Christmas Tree and light display. (Holsworthy Christmas Lights)
For those that really want to blow away the cobwebs why not pop to Bude for the Christmas Day Swim!
On Boxing Day you could experience the start of the Boxing Day Hunt (It’s a drag hunt!) in Holsworthy Square or may be visit Clovelly for their tasty Clovelly Boxing Day BBQ.
If you decide to stay for New Year why not see the famous fireworks on the quayside at Bideford. It really is an incredible night out. (Bideford New Year Fireworks)
There is just loads to do or as it’s Christmas just curl up and relax!
Book your stay with us! We have some super special offers for Christmas and New Year. Only available when booked direct. Book for Christmas and New Year!
Ten great things to do down on the farm when you visit us this Summer!
- Animal Feeding – Feed TG the horse, Godfrey the sheep, the chickens, the ducks and not to forget the cats, Henry & Heidi.
- Collect the eggs.
- Walk the farm trail – Find the hide? Can you spot? Deer, Buzzard, Jay, Woodpecker, Snake, Lizard, Slow Worm, to name a few. How many wild flowers can you identify?
- River Walk – Put your wellies on and walk up the river bed! Can you find Holly Falls, Bog Falls, Witches Cauldron and Cairn Beach? How about racing Reed Boats?
- Build a Dam – How much water can your dam hold back and will it last the next rain storm?
- Have Campfire – Toast marsh mellows and sing a few songs!
- Build a fancy Cairn at Cairn Beach.
- Laze in a hammock.
- Visit the play area – Be Tarzan on the tyre swing or find out who is best at penalty shoot outs.
- Go on a night hike – Listen to the owls, watch out for bats and gaze at the stars.
There is so much to do! Down on the Farm in Devon!
Great to be recognised by Booking.com for our guest reviews last year! Hoping for lots more happy guests in 2019!
Thank you to all our guests for taking the time to review us.